Anatomy of a Winner:
We all shed tears when our favorite impetuous primate and his long-suffering companion, the man with the yellow hat, lost their Harvard Square home in 2011. Luckily, the world’s only Curious George store reopened in the same location last year, with an expanded focus and a brand-new interior. Besides the original books by Margret and H. A. Rey, here are some of the things we love about the shop.
1. Stroller valet means there’s nary a carriage in sight and more room for playing and browsing.
2. Small visitors can curl up with a book in the popular reading nook.
3. Stuffed versions of the iconic monkey range from eight to thirty-six inches.
4. Local playthings, like this “Pirates of Boston” puzzle from Marblehead’s Mud Puddle Toys, are on offer.
5. Exclusive T-shirts emblazoned with the shop’s namesake and friends are designed in-house.
6. Trying out the display toys—like these bright Crocodile Creek balls—is encouraged.