Anatomy of a Winner:
Whether you’re shopping for an elegant dinner party or a simple weeknight meal, you’re sure to find a bevy of options at this Somerville meat specialist. That’s because the butchers here break down whole animals to create a variety of tasty cuts. Here’s how they carved up a Berkshire/Yorkshire hybrid pig.
1. Pig head, for an adventurous crowd.
2. Boneless pork loin, which is perfect for roasts.
3. House-ground sweet Italian sausage.
4. Garlic-and-thyme sausage farce, for making stuffing.
5. Pig skin, for frying into cracklings.
6. Rolled porchetta, filled with garlic and herbs.